James H. Montgomery Regional Studies Endowed Scholarship
This endowed scholarship fund has been established to motivate Mars Hill College students to broaden their understanding of and appreciation for the history, culture, and environment of the Southern Blue Ridge mountains region. James H. Montgomery of Austin, Texas, a native of North Carolina, has established this scholarship through a major gift.
Selection Procedure: The Financial Aid Committee, upon the recommendation of the Regional Studies Scholarship Selection Committee, will make the selection. Scholarship amounts will vary annually, depending upon the number of applicants and their qualifications.
All students selected will be required to participate in service opportunities that will enhance the region and/or Mars Hill College regional collections.
Applicants must be:
- classified as a sophomore, junior, or senior.
- pursuing a Regional Studies minor and have demonstrated excellence in Regional Studies coursework.
- maintaining a cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher.
To continue to receive the scholarship, students must submit the following for yearly review by the Regional Studies Scholarship Selection Committee:
- Transcript, showing evidence of successful progression towards the regional studies minor and continued strong academic standing (maintaining the required minimum 3.0 G.P.A.)
- Evidence of significant service contributions to the Ramsey Center or another regional institution.
Click here to download application form (PDF file).