News & Events
Mu Kappa Lambda Inducts New Members
Mu Kappa Lambda, the Mars Hill College honor society for nontraditional students, inducted 16 new student members and one honorary member in a ceremony Friday, April 29, at Broyhill Chapel on the campus.
Mu Kappa Lambda is the local chapter of Alpha Sigma Lambda, a national honor society devoted to the advancement of scholarship and to the recognition of nontraditional and adult students who are continuing their higher education. The Society was established in 1945 and now exists in over 300 institutional chapters throughout the country.
To be eligible for induction into Mu Kappa Lambda, a continuing education student must have completed 24 hours of graded coursework, while maintaining a grade point average of 3.4 on a 4.0 scale and a position in the top 10 % of his or her class.
Mu Kappa Lambda inductees for 2010-11, listed with their majors and hometowns are:
• Alena P. Androsenka, Business Management, Asheville, NC
• Cynthea Patrice Allen, Special Education, Asheville, NC
• Kimberly Edwards Bishop, Social Work, Marshall, NC
• Melissa Worley Clark, Elementary Education, Marshall, NC
• Darlene Brown Colclasure, Special Education, Marshall, NC
• Jillian Michelle Phillips Dyer, Business Management, Wayneville, NC
• Laura Harbin, Elementary Education, Candler, NC
• Angela Maria Creasman Pace, Business Managements, Fletcher, NC
• Devika Penland, Elementary Education, Asheville, NC
• Crystal Clark Pike, Social Work, Alexander, NC
• Sandra Renee Pruette, Elementary Education, Morganton, NC
• Ronald L. Putnam, Business Management, Canton, NC
• Christina Marie Robinson, Business Management, Burnsville, NC
• Christy Lynne Robinson, Social Work, Marshall, NC
• Russell Burgin Robinson, Business Management, Hendersonville, NC
• Maria Williams Weinstein, Social Work, Horse Shoe, NC
• Samantha Fender, Director of Marketing and Admissions, Mars Hill College Adult and Graduate Studies