News & Events
Mars Hill Highly Ranked for Return on Investment
AffordableCollegesOnline.org (AC Online) has identified the North Carolina colleges and universities with the greatest lifetime return on investment. Graduates from these schools enjoy the largest earnings gap between non-degree holders over thirty years, and earn more on average than graduates from other North Carolina schools. Mars Hill ranks 26th on the list, which analyzed data from nearly 200 universities and colleges which serve students in North Carolina.
“These are important lists for prospective students to consider,” says AC Online founder Dan Schuessler. “We’ve sifted through comprehensive data sources to find colleges and universities in North Carolina that offer a high quality education with consistent, long-term payoffs in the workplace.”
AC Online developed the following criteria for consideration as a “High ROI College”:
• Fully accredited institution
• Either public or private
• Four-year, degree-granting institution
• ROI according to PayScale’s 2013 College Value Report
AC Online compiled a list of schools meeting these criteria by using the following highly respected, authoritative data sets:
• NCES, the primary federal entity for collecting and analyzing data related to education. It provides consistent, reliable, complete, and accurate indicators of education status and trends.
• IPEDS, the primary federal source for data on colleges, universities, and technical and vocational postsecondary schools in the U.S.
• Carnegie Classification, a framework widely used in the study of higher education, both as a way to represent and control for institutional differences, and also in the design of research studies to ensure adequate representation of sampled institutions, students, or faculty.
• Payscale.com, the premier salary data collection organization.
“We aim to educate so that potential students are aware of their options for obtaining a degree and, most importantly, for paying for one,” says Schuessler. What are the most affordable options – online study, two-year, four-year, public or private colleges? What financial aid options are available and what pitfalls should you avoid? Our goal at AffordableCollegesOnline is to keep our finger on the pulse of college-related issues, the latest research, how the government is responding, and help students analyze their options.”
Source: news release from AC Online