Location and Directions
Mars Hill University is located in the heart of the town of Mars Hill in Madison County, North Carolina, 18 miles north of Asheville and 45 miles south of Johnson City, Tennessee.
New Harmonies: Celebrating American Roots Music will be located in Weizenblatt Gallery in Moore, Building 22 on the Campus Map [link to campus map]. Weizenblatt Gallery will be to your right as you enter Moore.
From Asheville, North Carolina
5. From I-240, take exit 4A onto US-19/US-23 (Future I-26) North.
6. Drive approximately 17 miles on US-19/US-23 (Future I-26) North.
7. From US-19/US-23 (Future I-26), take exit 11 onto NC-213 West.
8. Drive approximately 1 mile on NC-213 West to downtown Mars Hill and the university.
From Johnson City, Tennessee
5. Merge onto I-26 East.
6. After about 40 miles, I-26 East becomes US-19 S / US-23 S (Future I-26).
7. Take the NC-213 / CARL ELLER RD exit- EXIT 11.
8. Turn LEFT onto NC-213 / CARL ELLER RD. Continue to follow NC-213 about one mile into Downtown Mars Hill.
From Newport, Tennessee
7. Drive approximately 19 miles on US-25/US-70 East to the North Carolina state line.
8. Continue on US-25/US-70 East approximately 21 miles.
9. Take the US-25/US-70 Bypass around Marshall.
10. Drive approximately 2 miles on the US-25/US-70 Bypass.
11. From the Marshall Bypass, take NC-213 East.
12. Drive approximately 8 miles on NC-213 East to downtown Mars Hill and the university.
79 Cascade Street
Mars Hill, NC 28754