Student Support Services
…helping MHC students succeed since 1988
About the Office:
The Mars Hill College Student Support Services Program, a TRiO program, is 100% funded by a grant from the U.S. Department of Education.
Our services and resources may include, but are not limited to:
- Academic and Personal Advising
- Peer tutoring
- The SSS Computer Lab and Resource Center
- The SSS Study Center
- Assisting students with academic accommodations
- Workshops and Seminars
- Exposure to Cultural Programs
The SSS Office is open 8:00am through 5:00pm, Monday – Friday. (August through May)
Feel free to come visit us in our office in Marshbanks Hall, Room 202 or call at (828) 689-1380.
Our Friendly Staff:
- Weston Burgess, Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lee Cope, Program Coordinator – email@example.com
- Paula Kennedy, Academic Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marlene Tomberlin, Administrative Assistant – email@example.com
In order to be eligible, students must qualify for at least one of the three criteria. A qualifying student must:
- be a first generation college student,
- come from a low-income background, or
- have a documented disability.
Stop by our office in Marshbanks 202 or call the office at (828) 689-1380.