Safety and Security Services
If you don’t have a cell phone, you can reach campus security quickly, through the blue light emergency telephones, installed in strategic areas of the campus.
Safety & Security is everyone’s responsibility and must be viewed as a joint effort for our programs to be successful.
The Campus Security Department is responsible for security and emergency response at Mars Hill College. It is also responsible for providing services tailored to meet the unique needs of the Mars Hill College Community.
These services include:
- Provide battery jump-starts. (waivers required)
- Offer classes in:
- Protection against sexual assault
- Self DefenseAlcohol related problems
- Motor Vehicle Laws
- Give personal safety lectures;
- maintain a vigorous college-wide fire safety and crime prevention program.
- Engrave and photograph your valuables free of charge.
- Render emergency first aid.
- Manage and update our campus parking system.
- Escort individuals to their cars or from building to building.
- Make emergency notifications.
- Provide transportation to Asheville Airport and the bus station. Three days’ advance notice and a $35.00 fee are required. This is only at the beginning and ending of semesters and in emergency situations.
- Investigate all reported incidents on campus.
- Provide rape crisis volunteer training; proactive sexual assault education; and victim assistance and referral services.
We are available 24 hours a day to provide these and other services.
We can’t help if you don’t call 689-1230