Business Administration Department
The mission of the Mars Hill University Department of Business Administration is to prepare students for professional, managerial, and leadership positions in business, government, and not-for-profit organizations. Emphasis is placed on the development of communication, consensus building, and technical, analytical, and critical thinking skills that are needed by successful organizations competing in a global economy. Above all else, we strive to instill in students a desire to be life-long learners who will promote socially responsible solutions to organizational problems and who will recognize the importance of ethical behavior and integrity in all aspects of their lives.
- Business majors demonstrate broad-based business knowledge of the functions of accounting, finance, management, marketing, and the relationship of these functions to one another in an effective organization.
- Business majors apply economic concepts, statistical methods, business law, business ethics and social responsibility, and current technology to evaluate organizational problems.
- Business majors analyze business related information and develop entrepreneurial thinking skills.
- Business majors write well-organized and grammatically correct documents that conform to standard business format.
- Business majors produce well-organized and well-delivered oral presentations.
- Business majors demonstrate professional standards of team participation and leadership.
The Business Administration program combines theory with practical application and provides students with the skills they will need as they begin their careers. There are two campus business organizations: the Business Club and the Business Honor Club. Through these two organizations, students have the opportunity to interact with business professionals, attend lectures presented by current business leaders, and increase their networking potential.