Objectives and Responsibilities for Students/Advisees
- Advisees are responsible for scheduling, attending and completing assignments for their academic advising appointments. Be prepared for your meetings: bring all necessary materials to the meeting, make a list of questions or concerns to discuss with your advisor, make a tentative schedule of classes, and fill “shopping cart” in PowerCAMPUS Self-Service.
- Advisees are responsible for providing accurate information to their advisor concerning their goals, needs, academic and career intentions. Take the time to clarify your values, goals, interests, and abilities.
- Advisees are responsible for keeping track of their login & password for IQ Web and taking care of their academic and financial status with the college (e.g. “stops” in the IQ Web system that may hinder them from registering for classes.)
- Advisees are responsible for learning the academic requirements and policies as per the catalog to earn a degree from MHC, including general education (LAA) curriculum, majors and electives.
- Advisees are responsible for observing academic deadlines, e.g. Drop/Add, Withdrawals, Change of Major/Advisor, Declaration of Intent to Graduate.
- Advisees are responsible for participating fully in the courses for which you are registered: completing assignments, attending class and keeping track of grades in specific courses, etc. Remember, regular class attendance is the single greatest factor in student success and persistence to a degree!
- Advisees agree to notify their advisor and/or the Dean’s Office immediately if a serious problem (medical, personal, financial) should arise. The sooner we know about a problem the better we can help find the best solution for you!
- Advisees are ultimately responsible for their academic choices, course selection, declaring a major, keeping academic records, and graduation requirements.