Student Advisee Outcomes
Students will. . .
For advising sessions
- Know who their advisor is, and where and when to meet with him/her
- Report that their advisor is attentive and cares about their objectives
- Schedule appointments and meet with their advisor on a regular basis
- Know what is required of them for an advising session
- Come prepared for their advising session
- Become familiar with the MHC campus and know how to get around
- Become familiar with the majors and departments
- Be introduced to various services on campus: SSS, writing Center, tutoring, business office, wellness center, etc.
- Be able to navigate PowerCAMPUS Self-Service, use their academic plan, shop for classes, etc.
- Know where and how to access information for service learning, career counseling, graduate school options, etc.
- Understand the MHC curriculum, i.e., the LAA Commons and Connectors, major and electives; be able to determine course sequencing, prerequisites, etc.
- Be familiar with the MHC catalog and requirements to persist to a degree from MHC
- Be familiar with policies and procedures at MHC
- Be able to identify a major with appropriate concentration, possible minor and supportive courses
- Be aware of their academic progress in terms of GPA, earned credit hours, eligibility for sports or scholarship requirements
- Be able to identify life goals and career goals
- Be able to set short- and long-term goals and to self-monitor progress
- Be aware of time-management skills in terms of prioritizing schoolwork, activities, home, relationships etc.
- Begin critical reflection of strengths, weaknesses, and personality type in conjunction with a possible career