The Admissions Process
for international students:
1. Complete and submit an Application for Admission. Admission decisions are made on a rolling basis. However, it is strongly recommended that international students complete their application several months prior to enrollment to allow for I-20 processing.
2. Send official copes of your SAT (college code: 5395), ACT (college code: 3124) or TOEFL scores to Mars Hill University. All three are not required, but SAT/ACT scores must be submitted to be considered for academic grants and scholarships. NOTE: The minimum TOEFL score for admission to Mars Hill University is 500 (written test), 173 (computerized test) or 61 (internet test).
3. Send official copies of all Transcripts from previous or current institutions attended (secondary/high school and post-secondary schools) or national examination results such as A-levels (United Kingdom) or Baccalaureate (France). Transcripts should be translated to English if necessary.
4. Send two Letters of Recommendation from individuals who can attest to your academic ability and personal character.
5. When the Admissions Office receives all of the above items, your admission file is "complete," and the review process begins.
6. Your Admissions Counselor will notify you regarding acceptance, and you will receive complete information and necessary documents by mail.
7. Financial Aid is available to International Students, although funding is limited. International Students are eligible to receive an MHU scholarship upon acceptance. Athletic scholarships are also available to International Students. If accepted for admission, your Admissions Counselor will notify you of all financial aid available to you.
8. To accept the offer for Admissions and Financial Aid, International Students must submit the Statement of Financial Conditions for International Students along with the documentary evidence required. This form represents your Statement of Financial Conditions and MUST be completed before Mars Hill University can issue an I-20 Form to an International Student.
9. Submit your $250 Housing Deposit along with your New Student Housing and Meal Plan Contract to secure preferred housing. All freshman and sophomore students must live and eat on campus, unless they meet commuter student requirements. If you meet commuter student requirements, submit your $150 Tuition Deposit along with your Commuter Contract.
10. An I-20 Form will be issued to you and sent via FedEx. Immediately upon receiving the I-20, you must submit the I-901 Fee for F-1 Students. To submit your fee, click here.
11. If you plan to apply for a visa at a local U.S. consulate, you must receive the I-20 Form before attending the visa appointment.
12. Visit the Admitted Students page to learn more about final steps in the enrollment process, including Summer Orientation, Advising, and Registration (S.O.A.R.) sessions and Gateway New Student Orientation.
If you happen to make a trip to the U.S. prior to beginning your collegiate studies, plan to visit us! No matter where you are in the college admissions process, a visit to Mars Hill University is the best way for you to get to know us, and for us to get to know you!