Mars Hill University has two commencement exercises annually; for the 2013-14 academic year, these ceremonies take place on December 20, 2013, and May 10, 2014. Those students who complete degree requirements in summer school are invited to participate in the December ceremony.
Students expecting to graduate during the academic year are required to:
- Complete a graduation application indicating anticipated graduation date.
- Schedule an evaluation meeting with Nancy Fosson, Assistant Registrar, to determine completion of all academic requirements for general education and declared major(s), concentration(s), and minor(s) as stipulated in the catalog of record. Graduation requirements further state that a minimum of 128 semester hours of credit must be earned. Sixty credit hours must be earned at a senior level institution. The last 32 credit hours and a minimum of 12 hours in the major must be earned at Mars Hill University. The student must earn a grade point average of 2.00 for all courses attempted at Mars Hill excluding those taken on an S/U basis and those to which the Repeat Policy was applied. In addition, the student must earn a cumulative MHU and transfer grade point average of 2.00.
- Discharge all college financial obligations to the satisfaction of the business office and/or financial aid office.
For additional information contact Nancy Fosson, Assistant Registrar, at (828) 689-1152 or by email.
Spring 2014 Graduation Schedule
March 25 – 10am-5pm – Jostens Graduate Fair – MHU Bookstore
March 26 – 1-5pm – Jostens Graduate Fair – MHU Bookstore
April 29 – 11am – Senior Convocation – Broyhill Chapel
May 1 – 4:30pm – Graduation Rehearsal – Moore Auditorium
May 8 – time TBA – Senior Celebration – Student Development to announce details
May 10 – 9:30am – Commencement Ceremony – Moore Auditorium
– Reception immediately following Commencement, on the Quad, sponsored by the Office of Alumni Relation
– NOTE: Graduates must report to Spainhour on May 10th by 8:30am for line-up and recognitions