Assistant Professor of Social Work/Field Director
Department of Social Work
Status: Full-Time (10 month)
DESCRIPTION: The Department of Social Work at Mars Hill University invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Social Work/Field Director beginning August 2014. Mars Hill University is a liberal arts institution located just north of Asheville in beautiful Western North Carolina. Our growing BSW program has a strong commitment to teaching, advising, and service in the community. Our diverse student population includes working with both traditional and non-traditional age students. Our teaching schedule is flexible as we meet the needs of both day and evening students. University service responsibilities include advising and standing faculty committee work.
1. Planning periodic agency visits to discuss learning responsibilities and field progress with student and agency supervisor.
2. Acting as an advocate for student/agency supervisor and give prompt assistance if either has problems.
3. Developing a contract with students regarding expectations for seminar, agency visits, responsibilities, etc.
4. Being aware of the nature of each student’s placement.
5. Providing three way review and evaluation with field instructor and student at mid-semester and at the end of placement.
6. Conducting weekly seminars.
7. Offering individual consultation to the student.
8. Providing orientation to new and returning field instructors.
9. Providing recruitment and screening of field agencies and field instructors.
10. Providing educational guidance and linkage in the field practicum experience (field instructors, students, curriculum).
Additionally, the faculty will teach one-two other courses in the social work curriculum in the areas of practice, social welfare policy, human behavior and the social environment, or research.
QUALIFICATIONS: DSW or PhD in social work or related field from a regionally accredited institution of higher education required. Doctorates completed by August 2015 will be considered. MSW from a CSWE-accredited program with 2 years post-MSW experience also required.
Qualified applicants should mail a cover letter, statement of your teaching philosophy, curriculum vitae and three letters of recommendation to:
Mars Hill University
Human Resources Office
PO Box 6664
Mars Hill, NC 28754-5000
In accordance with federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race color, national origin, age, disability, religion, sex, familial status, sexual orientation, and reprisal.
|To file a complaint with Mars Hill University, contact:
Deana D Holland
Director of Human Resources
Title IX Coordinator
Mars Hill University
Mars Hill, NC 28754
828 689-1256 Fax
|To file a complaint of discrimination, write to:
USDA, Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Stop 9410
Washington DC 20250-9410
Or call toll-free at (866) 632-9992 (English) or (800) 877-8339 (TDD) or (866) 377-8642
(English Federal- relay) or (800) 845-6136
(Spanish Federal-relay). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Resumes and applications are not accepted by fax or email.
Mars Hill University is an Equal Opportunity and Provider. Minorities are encouraged to apply.