The Mars Hill College facilities department is responsible for building maintenance, landscaping, groundskeeping and housekeeping. All requests should come through the facilities office. Service requests for faculty and staff, call 689-1246. Students’ requests should go through the student life office.
Some recent projects include:
- Renovation of 10 bathrooms in Huffman Dormitory which improved the facilities for 40 students.
- Restored the large deck on Wren Student Union building, and added a canopy which increased the capacity of the Lions Den as well as offers space for other functions.
- Converted the Carter-Humphrey House into a guest house for the college.
- Replaced the front porch and steps on Stroup Dormitory.
- Installed a new Trane rooftop AC unit on Blackwell.
- Installed new roof and painted dormers on front section of Spilman.
- Replaced deteriorated concrete exit ramp on one side of Moore Auditorium with a new ADA compliant ramp.
- Completed the renovation of the Memorial Building now known as Nash Education Building.
The staff also maintains our campus beautification projects, and keeps the campus blooming with lovely flowers virtually all year long.