MHC Upward Bound
MHC Upward Bound is a college prep program for 9th – 12th graders attending Asheville, Erwin, North Buncombe, Madison, Mitchell and Mountain Heritage high schools in Western North Carolina. Most students apply while in 9th or 10th grade.
The program includes:
- A 6-week residential summer program on the campus of Mars Hill College, including a week-long cultural trip.
- Weekly afterschool tutoring and academic advising.
- Opportunities to visit colleges and universities.
- Trips to museums, plays, and other cultural events.
- Fee waivers for the SAT, ACT, and college applications.
Apply today — Free to those who qualify!
Congrats to our grads!
2009 graduates now attend:
- Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College (2)
- Appalachian State University (2)
- Fayetteville State University
- Johnson C. Smith University
- Mars Hill College (3)
- North Carolina A&T University
- North Carolina Central University
- University of North Carolina- Greensboro
- University of North Carolina- Chapel Hill
- Warren Wilson College
- Western Carolina University (2)
Madison High School graduateTaylor Dodge was selected as a Dell Scholar in 2009. North Buncombe HS Graduate Christopher Petros was selected in 2007. Both were MHC UB participants— you could be next!
Don’t be fooled by any other financial aid site!
College Foundation of North Carolina has all sorts of useful activities for college planning on their website.
MHCUB is funded by a grant from the U.S. Department of Education and the N.C. Simplified Summer Food Service Program (SFSP), Mars Hill College Upward Bound Program is committed to equality of education opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants, students or employees based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age or disability.